Covid-19 may have accelerated the adoption and expansion of digital advertising, but it also severely impacted the resources at marketers’ disposal for impactful ad strategies.
Gartner research found that while marketers’ digital ad spend increased by 72% in 2021, marketing budgets and buyer engagement decreased by 6%. When coupled with 2020’s 11% decrease, it’s clear that B2B marketers have a lot more targeting and customization to do and a lot less funding to do it.
Never one to back down from a challenge, B2B marketers turned to account-based advertising strategies on a budget to create personalized ads that align with target account lists (TAL) and ideal customer profiles (ICP) to refine their targeting capabilities.
This special report from RollWorks and Demand Gen Report explores B2B’s shift to account-based advertising and the modernization of advertising strategies in digital and social channels, including:
- How marketers are analyzing account data to target buyers with personalized ads and content;
- The impact of data and ABM plays on account identification and targeting;
- New KPIs marketers are measuring to improve ad performance and build more personalized experiences;
- The rise of syndication and paid social; and
- Examples of and best practices for successful B2B advertising